- This event has passed.
Copyediting Live! Healthcare Material with Elizabeth d’Anjou
February 21 @ 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm EST$59.50 – $255
Try your hand at copy editing a short text provided in advance, then see how a seasoned editor works through it with lively and informative running commentary: explaining the edits, discussing alternative possibilities, pointing out how the editing tasks relate to the Editors Canada standards for copy editing, and recommending resources for further study.
Attendees will have opportunities to ask questions and will receive a copy of the professionally edited exercise with changes tracked.
This is an intermediate-level session; it is recommended that you have some knowledge of copy editing before taking this webinar—enough to know
- how copy editing differs from stylistic editing and proofreading;
- how to make a style sheet; and
- how to write an author query.
After attending these webinars, you will be better able to
- apply your intermediate editing skills with more confidence
- identify some strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in your editing abilities
- recognize some conventions of copy editing in particular genres of text
- make judgement calls about how to approach particular kinds of projects
- Canadian Oxford Dictionary 2d edn
- Editing Canadian English 3d edn (book or subscription)
Submit an event here!