Media Release: Alberta Reads Book Club Trade Fiction Shortlist
Edmonton – The Book Publishers Association of Alberta (BPAA) is pleased to announce the next Alberta Reads Book Club shortlist, featuring 7 Alberta published trade fiction titles.
Over the course of July and August, the Alberta Reads book club will focus on one of the shortlisted titles. Readers will have the chance to participate in the online book club over Facebook, Twitter, or through the Alberta Reads webpage. The next book club title will be chosen through a random draw, and the video announcement will be released on July 16, 2021. More details on book club events, questions, and programming will be available following the title announcement.
We encourage Albertans to purchase the shortlisted titles from their local independent bookstore. Additionally, Alberta public library patrons can borrow most book club titles as eBooks for free using ReadAlbertaeBooks.ca.
Find information on the shortlisted titles, and full details about the Alberta Reads Book Club by visiting the Alberta Reads Book Club webpage, and join the conversation by following #ABreads and #ABbooks on social media.
- Burning the Night by Glen Huser (NeWest Press)
- Humane by Anna Marie Sewell (Stonehouse Publishing)
- The Identity Shift by Arlene F. Marks (EDGE Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing)
- If Sylvie Had Nine Lives by Leona Theis (Freehand Books)
- Meena’s Story: Flight to Freedom by Swapna Gupta (Bayeux Arts)
- Unlocking by Amy LeBlanc (University of Calgary Press)
- The Witch’s Diary by Rebecca Brae (Tyche Books)
For more information contact:
Kieran Leblanc, Executive Director