Media Release: Alberta Reads Book Club Poetry Shortlist
Edmonton – The Book Publishers Association of Alberta (BPAA) is pleased to announce the next Alberta Reads Book Club shortlist, featuring 6 great Alberta-published works of poetry.
Over the course of March and April, the Alberta Reads book club will focus on one of the shortlisted titles. Readers will have the chance to participate in the online book club over Facebook, Twitter, or through the Alberta Reads webpage. The next book club title will be chosen through a random draw, and the video announcement will be released on March 19, 2021. More details on book club events, questions, and programming will be available following the title announcement.
We encourage Albertans to purchase the shortlisted titles from their local independent bookstore. Additionally, Alberta public library patrons can borrow book club titles as eBooks for free using ReadAlbertaeBooks.ca.
Find information on the shortlisted titles, and full details about the Alberta Reads Book Club by visiting the Alberta Reads Book Club webpage, and join the conversation by following #ABreads and #ABbooks on social media.
- From Turtle Island to Gaza by David Groulx (Athabasca University Press)
- Chasia’s Enchantment: Meditations, Poems, Inspirations by Hilda Chasia Smith (Durvile Publications)
- Plausible Wrong Answers by Tyler B. Perry (Frontenac House)
- The Response of Weeds by Bertrand Bickersteth (NeWest Press)
- Ghosts Still Linger by Kat Cameron (University of Alberta Press)
- Exhibit by Paul Zits (University of Calgary Press)